Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yes, but will that gun kill rodents?

**WARNING** this post contains graphic content with implied violence.

Why the barbaric question you ask? Maybe one day I'll need my husband to protect our family and food storage from would-be thieves, but today I need him to protect me from mice. You may think the bazooka featured in the previous post is a little over the top for this purpose, but I don't think so.

See how they stare at you with those sad eyes and fluffy cheeks. They can't fool me. No, I know what filthy beasts they are and they've been crawling around in my silverware drawer. That is sooo over the line. I had seen a couple of other slight traces in the past couple of weeks, but dismissed it thinking I just hadn't cleaned out the drawers good enough when we moved in and there were still remnants of birdseed pellets (which there were previously.) But this morning was another story. When I found multiple mouse droppings in our silverware drawer (pardon me while I vomit and then rewash all the silverware) I knew we were sharing our space with something not paying rent! So a little peanut butter in the $3.00 mouse trap from Lowe's...wait 30 minutes...and

SNAP!

After hearing the very loud snap so quickly after setting the trap, I thought, oh I must not have set it right...they are sort of tricky and it snapped twice before before I even got it in the drawer. Oh no! This time was the real deal, and in fact, the tail was still twitching when I pulled open the drawer. I screamed and jumped around hysterically for a moment and then called Joshua at work to tell him he had a chore to do when he gets home at 11pm tonight (sorry love, but that's a man's job) Even now...I'm shuddering with the heebie-jeebies. Yucky Yucky Ew Gross!

4 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Yuck!!! But so sad to those ute little mice!!

April said...

You're officially disqualified from any hopes of a membership with PETA. Gross! I'd leave it for the man too.

proudmama said...

I remember Grandma was a pro at collecting mice, in the good old fashion mouse traps. And emptied them herself. Man up girl! But really, It's nice to get some men in the family that aren't afraid to be men! Go, Joshua!

Ivy said...

I've got the heebie jeebies right along with you - I don't do mice either! I'm glad you're down one - hopefully he was the only one!