Monday, January 26, 2009

MY WIFE IS AWESOME!!

It was a cold, cloudy day as he left the correctional facility where he'd worked for the past two years. The stars and stripes flapped fitfully from the flagpole in the parking lot. Was it the icy January wind or a deep sense of patriotism that brought a solitary tear to his eye? He didn't know. He had one thing on his mind...a shopping list. He had two stops to make on his way home; two items of monumental and competing importance. He had to buy an assault rifle and he had to buy a toilet...



What a great start for my first post to our blog, right? Actually that was my drive home today.

We have a new house with plenty of room for food storage. We've started on that and I think it put Heather in survival mode...or she just wants to keep our food protected from marauding bands of miscreants and malcontents. She told me the other day that we should probably stock up on bullets. After I scraped my jaw off the floor I explained that I only had a small lever action hunting rifle and a handgun in so-so shape. She suggested I consider something a little more intimidating (Wow! Gush! etc) I shopped around and found this:





I ordered the gun and made a down payment today. It'll take about 6 months for it to arrive so it will make a perfect birthday present. I hope it's not illegal to own one by then. Heather also mentioned that I should get a gunsafe to keep my fledgling arsenal from falling into the wrong hands. It's just another reason to love her. Lucky me!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if you are serious or silly, but either way I love that you (Joshua) are blogging!!!

Heather, I love you, but what a fun change. I wish my husband would blog for me.

No, stop. I wish my husband would start his own blog. Then he can read my blog, realize he is madly in love and post a comment. Then, when he realizes he should do the leg work he will see that we have a friend in common and he will call this friend and get my number. And then...as if hell hath frozen over, he will actually call. And not only that, he will ask me out. And we will live realistically ever after. OH the joy.

Is this comment too long? Hmm...oops!

SherBear said...

Is this for real???

Ivy said...

What a freaking hilarious post! Joshua, seriously....I don't know if you are for real or not! But I like the fact that you're blogging! Tell Bus how fun it is so he'll do the same ok?

Keep up the blogging, you're off to a great start!!

Supershepherds said...

Of course its for real! I'm getting the gun and I really bought the toilet. I installed it yesterday in our downstairs bathroom.

Ivy said...

you're gonna have to produce some photographic proof to back up your story mister.

April said...

James wants to be your bff now. He is slowly building an artillary to equip a small country, and also is wicked awesome at toilet installation. You crack me up. Go Heather too :)