I apologize for the poor quality of the photos, as they were taken by my camera phone (sorry Shannon...I know you hate that.)
While the event was motivating, I don't consider myself to be a political activist by any means. Joshua is more vocal than I when it comes to matter of politics, though neither of us plan to quit our jobs to camp out in front of the White House any time soon. However, we, like many Americans, have accepted the challenge to be the type of citizen that rallied on 9/12, 2001 and said to ourselves, "We're Americans! We're not going to sit idly by while someone threatens our freedoms." There are 9 principles and 12 values that form the character of a 9/12 individual. (probably more, but this is the 9/12 Project so just go with it.)
1. America Is Good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
These are the faces of two Americans who hope to embody those principles and values. If we don't fully today...we will endeavor to improve ourselves until we do.