Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 27--Sanctuary

This week I'm on vacation from my "job" job, and working instead on the job of getting the house more livable. My friend Joni gave me some great advice. She recommended at least getting our bedroom finished so we could feel put together somewhere, at some point in this whole process.
Behold...our sanctuary. I finished the Bedroom (with boring white paint).

Well...almost. I have yet to hang pictures and the curtains are taped up for now since privacy is a necessity and we were both too tired tonight to deal with the mini-blinds. I know...ghetto!

And if you came to visit, you would have a place to lay your head too:

Look Mom! I found a spot for the coveted "cricket" chair!

I've also been searching for contractor/repair companies to get our stinky water damaged wall fixed. While we are in the process of getting estimates and waiting to get the work done, my washer and dryer still aren't hooked up. Thus, I've been reacquainted with the world of coin operated laundry.

I should go into business and open up one of these bad boys myself!
$3.50 for each washer and $0.25 for 6 minutes in the dryer. Cha-ching!

5 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Y'all are doing GREAT!!! ANd ugh!!! I hate the laundry mat! ;) HAve fun! ;)

Ivy said...

Very nice! I'm not a big fan of coin-op laundry either, but if you opened one....I would come :)

Is your home owners insurance covering the repairs, or are you doing it yourself? I can see if Bus can help?

April said...

You reminded me of that song "coin operated boy" tee hee. Lookin good! It took me two years as a home owner to put curtains instead of sheets ;-)

proudmama said...

a few short years and that little chair will qualify as an antique. It sure has seen some travels. The house is looking more and more put together. Maybe sometime I can actually take a tour???

lisag said...

You've been tagged! Check out our blog...