Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 12-- We can breath a little easier.

If you've lived in your house for a while or buy a "new" older home, I highly recommend having your vents professionally cleaned.
A HEPA Vac can get some serious work done, more so than our little Bissle for sure.

That's what we've been breathing during these past 12 glorious days. Worth every penny to have it gone.

Joshua went back to work today, after being off due to a knee injury for the past 2 weeks. He said he wasn't happy to go back, but I know deep down he was happy to escape the house for a few hours. In his absence, I braved Costco to get holiday supplies for work, and SuperWalmart to get a little grocery shopping done. Soup and bread for dinner every night was getting a little old. Talk about a Crazy Train. What was I thinking, Walmart and Costco 2 days before Christmas. I think the house has given me brain fever.

I also had to set up a fan to dry out the water damage from Day 10, try to insulate some of our pipes to prevent more water damage down the road, wash a load of laundry, and set up a PO box because our mailbox wont stay in the ground and we have bigger fish to fry right now.

Nevertheless, I am grateful to be in a home that is warm (even if it smells like pee), and I am grateful to have the health and strength to do the work that needs to be done (even it it is exhausting and depressing.)

1 comment:

Ivy said...

Oh barfo! I am so getting our vents done in the spring now!

And I like the toilet shot, that's funny. I like your bathroom a whole lot better than mine. I'll take a green vanity over a 3 freaking foot window right in your shower anyday! This is yet another one of those things with our house that is filed under "what were they thinking".

Yeah, you know what I"m talking about....you got one of those files too and it's getting bigger by the day isn't it??

See you tomorrow sis!