Saturday, September 20, 2008

Is Heather a masochist or scholasticly malnourished?


Today at work Iaccidentally messed up our database. I'm one of the few that everyone else generally relies on to be technilogically savy. I've been wanting to learn how to use MS Access and have even signed up for a class with communtiy Ed 3 times, only to have to cancel because of my work schedule. So today I decided to teach myself. So I saved a copy of our database in my personal drive, so as not to corrupt the working files. I've done this a hundred times with other files and applications, but something went horribly awry. The changes I was making in the practice drive were somehow saved to our working drive. The bad news is I have no idea how to fix it other than calling our technology people to see if they can restore it. The good news is the applications I accidentally removed are ones we haven't used in two years and they are seriously outdated. The other good news is the one application we actually still use is still in tact. The irony is that's what I was trying to accomplish, just not permanently. So, my new project is to teach myself how to use Access. Does that book look really thick to anyone else?

1 comment:

Ivy said...

Wow, that is a thick book! I remember messing up access databases all the time when I worked. The technical people knew me all too well :) When I finally did go through the training, the book was about 1/4 of what that one looks to be!

Good luck!!