Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's my birthday

It's been a while since I've blogged. It's not that there haven't been events worth the time and effort. On the contrary, it's been a marvelous year full of daily adventures. Unfortunately there isn't always time to organize my thoughts about them. But today, I'm taking time for me...because well...it's my birthday.

The day began with our son dancing on my bladder to the tune of "Happy birthday to you." At least that's what it felt like. Don't worry son. Soon it will be your big day and we can't wait to celebrate you.


Joshua had to work tonight, so we went out to dinner last night with some good friends. Sadly, there are no pictures to mark the gathering, but rest assured we thoroughly enjoyed Jeremy, Sherrie, Stephanie and Sydney's company and some yummy grub at Texas Roadhouse.

This morning, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast while we watched the LDS General Conference and played with my birthday gift-- a new Ipod touch.


I've had an Ipod shuffle for about 5 years and it's still kickin' but Joshua wanted to spoil me a little with a new gadget. I told him it will be perfect for when I'm out on maternity leave. I can shut off the work blackberry completely but still have access to the internet and other handy apps when away from the house--as I'm sure I will be quite often after just having the baby. Haha. I do love it though.

Then Joshua threw on an apron (figuratively) and made me a Reeses-Oreo birthday pie. He made it for me when we were dating and with one bite today, I literally fell in love with him all over again. Wow it's good. Don't you wish you were here to share it?



Thanks for a great day babe. Love you.

5 comments:

April said...

YUUUUUM on the birthday treat, your blog needed a disclaimer to not read if you are hungry. Also, I love my ipod touch- wish that I had iphone so I can use some of the apps when I leave my house too.

Unknown said...

So glad you had a good day. I miss you so much! Happy Birthday sweetie.

Meredith said...

Glad you had a good birthday! You deserve all the best!

::Kayla:: said...

AHHH your expecting!!! congrats! we miss you! oh and laurie is ENGAGED!!!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Congrats on that little bun in the oven! And Happy late birthday!