Friday, November 28, 2008

Our dreams may be dashed by Penicillin

Well...black mold actually. Our home inspector called today with the results from the mold test we had done due to some rotted drywall behind the toilet in the house we were preparing to buy. He reported it came back positive for the "bad mold" or toxic black mold.

It's amazing how a little thing like this:

Can turn into this if left untreated:

Yuck! Needless to say the amount in the house we were checking out wasn't near this bad from what we could see. Without opening up the wall we wont know for sure and we just don't want to go there. Ugh... back to square one I suppose.

5 comments:

NickandCarly said...

I'm so sorry! Buying a house can be frustrating! We know what you are going through. Hopefully you'll find "the one" soon! Love you guys!

Ivy said...

It's good you did the inspection and found this out BEFORE you moved in! I'm sorry you're back to square one, but it sounds like a big blessing in the long run! You'll have your house with a garden and a big yard - just not that one!

Unknown said...

Oooh no! I was so hoping for a Utah visit soon. Keep me posted.

luvs

April said...

Dito Ivy, luckily you found out first. James deals with this at work, he loves the pay of course, because it's expensive to take care of. And you wouldn't be able to insure the home with it.

I can't wait to see the one that does work out for you guys, it's gonna be better :)

SherBear said...

Ah Heather, I'm soo sorry! I hate it when the best-laid plans change!! I hope you don't end up homeless for the holidays!!
It must not be "meant to be" - keep your chin up.