Tuesday, November 4, 2008

If the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity...

I'm not jumping on the doomsday bandwagon, but I do think our nation is walking a very fine line in recent years. I've though much of late about the words of Mosiah (29:27) when he taught the people that, "...if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land."

I watched this video of Elder Bednar that came in my LDS Living email today and I think it's some worthy food for thought regarding California's Proposition 8 and the "ripple effect" that comes from these choices. The "voice of the people" is making me more and more nervous.

1 comment:

Ivy said...

Very good info, very scary situation. I don't like raising kids in this world :(