Sunday, August 30, 2009

Caught ya!


So I'm upstairs cooking dinner and hear my neighbor's grand kids out playing. Cute giggles and shrieks, obviously having a great time. Then when the noise in the kitchen died down I thought to myself, "Huh, they sound awfully close. Is that splashing water I hear?" I opened the front door and saw four little rug rats, 8 shoes, 8 socks and 3 volleyballs standing/floating in our front yard fountain. All I could do was laugh instead of being the serious adult who should tell them they've been naughty. I wish I could have taken their picture because the only thing more priceless than their faces was when one of the rug rats (maybe 4 years old) said, "We've played here lots of time, you just didn't catch us."

I promptly sent them home to explain their drenched-ness to their parents so I could laugh in private so as not to send them a mixed message.

5 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Seriously, water is pure joy to little kids!!! ;) Glad you enjoyed them instead of tell them they were naughty. I hope my girls have a nice neighbor like you to make up for their mean mommy!!

Unknown said...

Aww, that's just sweet. Now for the fountain in your front yard? We need pictures!

April said...

I love 4 year olds when they call themselves out on mischief! One day those cute kids will be teenagers who check to see if your doors are locked when you're not home too ;)

Ivy said...

too funny!!

::Kayla:: said...

thats toooo funny!