Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Heather

So according to Joshua, I just turned....30 something! 30 was bad enough, but 30 something must be just aweful! Oh well. What are ya gonna do? Either way there are presents involved, so it can't be all bad.

Joshua got me an awesome attachement to by Bosch mixer. Behold...the food processor. It slices, it dices, it makes julienne fries and can still cut a cow in half.

Then I treated myself to a Heather day. I took the day off work and was determined not to be in a hurry all day. I took my time getting ready for the day, got a hair cut and a pedicure. My good friends Stephanie and Sherrie treated me to the Pedi and for once, I didn't go with the conservative French tips, instead...Big Apple Red baby! Aren't my toes sexy?

By then I was simply exhausted (arm strewn dramatically across my forehead) so I took a nap, read a bit, and then had a wonderful dinner with Joshua. Sigh...I guess if I have to be 30 something, this is the way to do it.

6 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

You're too sexy for your feet! ;) Happy Birthday girl! i love you and miss you! glad you had a great day, and a nap...nice! ;)

Ivy said...

*breaking out in song* You're too sexy for your feet, too sexy for your feet....yeah, that's all I got, sorry!

Glad you had a wonderful day! Welcome to the 30 something club sister!

Thompson Family said...

Happy, happy birthday!! Good for you for taking a day for yourself. 30 something is not so bad when you ignore that you are 30 something. We miss you.

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

I love the toes! So cute. Good for you to take a "Heather Day." I totally forgot to wish you a happy b-day. So sorry! But I'm glad you had a great day.

SherBear said...

Good for you, dear. Sounds like a wonderful day. What's it like to not be in a hurry for a whole entire day??? lol
Happy Birthday, cute Heather!!!

April said...

I can imagine you feeling ansy with a day that was actually slow paced! Don't get spoiled ;-P

I think days like that should happen monthly. In fact, I schedule them. (That doesn't mean I get them anyway.)

Happy belated birthday!